FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- What does VEBEG sell?
- All types of moveable material - see Sales Programme.
- Could I buy a surplus Tank from the German Army?
- No - VEBEG does not sell tanks, fighter aircraft, warships, weapons or machines that fall under the control of the "War Weapon Control Act".
- Where are the vehicles/material stored?
- The vehicles/material are stored nationwide at the given depots. VEBEG does not have any storage facilities of its´ own.
- Could you tell me something about the condition of the material?
- Only via the telephone which is without commitment. Normally the material has not personally been seen by VEBEG - therefore it is important that you have viewed the material before submitting your bids.
- When can I view the material?
- Only by telephoning the depot to arrange an appointment during their regular working hours or the Viewing days (specified dates/times) notified on the Tender.
- Could I test drive the vehicles or test functions of the machinery?
- No, the goods are sold "as and where lying". The condition of the material can only be assessed by sight by the interested Customer.
- Which documents would I receive to re-register vehicles?
For vehicles originating from the German Forces, the buyer receives a document from the "Central Military Vehicle Department" which includes all technical specifications.
For vehicles originating from the "Federal Police" the buyer receives a voided title book (Vehicle Registration Document).
For vehicles originating from the "British Forces in Germany" the buyer receives a "Certificate of Origin" and a "Clearance" from the Main Customs Office in Giessen.
For vehicles originating from other public organisations that are registered in Germany, the buyer receives the title book (Vehicle Registration Document).
Tenders and Successful Bids
- How high is the reserve price, what would I have to offer?
- Reserve prices are not published. Bidders can make telephone enquiries for previous sale prices. Price information is available without commitment.
- Could Social/Charity organisations obtain goods cheaper or even free of charge?
- No - due to budgetary regulations no free of charge or reduced prices are possible.
- Could I find out prior to submitting my offer if any bids have been received and for how much?
- No - incoming offers are kept secure until the Tender Date.
- Can I send my offer by E-Mail?
- No - due to Authenticity problems, this is not possible.
- Are there any costs involved on top of my offer?
- Value Added Tax (and, if stated in the tender description, also customs duties) will be added on top of your offer where applicable.
- How do I find out if I´ve been successful?
- The successful bidder will be informed in writing within seven days. Telephone enquiries are normally accepted on the day after bid opening.
- Could I have the address of the successful bidder?
- Only if we have been authorised to do so. However, we could pass your enquiry to the successful bidder.
- What does the reference to "§ 25 a Umsatzsteuergesetz" mean?
- Value Added Tax will not be charged on top of your offer.
- What does the reference to "Zollgestellungspflichtig" mean?
- The material stems from NATO Forces in Germany and has to be declared to the German Customs Office responsible for the storage location. This type of disposal may be subject to Export Control and may incur costs or payment of duties and taxes.
- What does the reference to "Ausfuhrgenehmigungspflichtig" mean?
- The sale is subject to an Export License.